Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Life of a Song

The world lay heavy on my heart,
My eyes were closed in dreamless sleep.
My lips lay closed; I could not speak,
No song rose to my lips.
I walked in darkness like a soul
Lost without a spark of light;
And on my knees in sorrow fell,
My tears upon the earth.

Yet as I lay in abject fear,
It crept upon my sensless form,
Whispered softly in my ears
And touched my eyes with light.
No face there was, no hands to touch,
No voice to wake my deadened ears - 
Yet there was life, and in its wake
My tears began to fall.

I could not tell why then my heart,
So burdened with the cares of life,
Could only sing in twice-blessed song
And could not speak at all.
Awake, my heart! Arise my soul!
Go, soar with brilliant wings afire
To where all time in Time shall cease
And all my tears erase.

No comments:

Post a Comment